Friday, March 11, 2011

Renewed Admiration

I love this picture of Aunt Maymerose and Uncle Robert.  They are so young.  They look so happy and even glamorous.

From their marriage, came two cute little girls.  RoseMarie, named in part for Grandmother and Maudie (Mary) and Sue, whose name is Nancy Sue, named after Aunt Nancy.


Unfortunately, later in life, things went somewhat awry.  Especially unfortunate is that the trickle down impacted their sweet little girls.  Although the story isn't mine to tell, my feelings about my cousins is. (or "are".....let's see..."feelings" would be plural....or in this case is it collective.....WHAT-ev-er!!)
Therefore, I can tell you wi
th complete confidence:  these two cute little blonde toddlers became two remarkably intelligent women who I greatly admire.


I looked up to these girls when they were in high school.  They seemed quite grown up and sophisticated. I was in elementary school, watching them in awe (really, I did.  You know how it is to watch the "big kids").

Sue shared these pictures with me when we got together last week.  I love these pictures.  You can see in their faces love,  hope, dreams..

Getting together with our cousins, talking about our memories fr family became a priceless afternoon, one that we plan to lead to another.  It was another memorable time together filled with renewed love, hope, and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment