Friday, January 15, 2010

Face the Sun

The expressions on our faces make me laugh every time I look at this picture. Seems it was a photographic rule to line people up and have them face the sun. Good for squinting! You all crack me up! And why am I not squinting, too? I'm guessing it's because my eyes are totally closed!



We are at Grandma and Grandpa's. You can tell by the fence in the background and the white Adirondack chair. What you may not know is that Daddy and Grandpa made those chairs. You also may not know that Daddy and Grandpa built the house, too. I'm not sure how much of the house and store they built, but I have some recollection of Daddy telling me about building it.

This picture was probably taken with Daddy's first Polaroid camera. The scratches on the pictures look like what would have happened when the undeveloped picture was removed from the camera. I chose not to fix those scratches - I like them - adds character.


Somehow I've wound up with all of Daddy's cameras. Tuesday I took pictures of them. I thought it would add interest (at least for me) to have a visual image of the cameras that captured us at different stages of life. I also have the camera Grandma used. And my first camera, too.

1 comment:

  1. And while I'm commenting....I remember those shoes. Loved them! They had a little triangle on the sides and my tights showed through it. They were awesome in the box and you know I took them out and played with them on the way home from the store. Must like I still do and my kids do with their own new shoes....if they don't wear them out of the store!

    ReplyDelete