Monday, March 15, 2010

Grandma's Birthday

Today is Grandma's birthday. The first picture came from Aunt Vena (when I went to her house and copied photographs). I think this house belonged to her father: John Cooper. I have a few other pictures of Big John with Daddy when Daddy was a toddler in front of the same house.




How much do you remember about Grandma? Do you remember her giving Mama Dan River fabrics from the store? Biscuits (of course). Sticks of Juicy Fruit gum she'd put in the envelope along with letters she'd write to us? Wrapping Christmas gifts in white tissue paper and tied with that marvelous colored cellophane ribbon (that is NOWHERE to be found - EVER!).

Blueberry Delight??! I think I'll make a Blueberry Delight this week to celebrate Grandma's birthday! Rose, you can do a drive-by to tell her Happy Birthday. For the rest of us, we'll just have to think Happy Birthday wishes to Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment